Objectives of Menplus
- Promoting and enabling the use of voluntary vasectomy as part of the overall contraception method mix targeted towards men.
- Promoting the view of men and women as equal productive and Reproductive beings.
- Promoting and enabling the use of dual methods of protection for especially Young women and Men in rural and urban areas of Uganda to secure their contraceptive choices.
- Using socially targeted campaigns to demystify myths towards different FP methods for men and women.
- Using male champions to speak for the added value of Family Planning selected from the different communities.
- Recruiting and orienting agents from within male dominant groups such as at workplaces, drinking joints to be FP distributors/as well as referrals.
- Working with VHTs to refer male clients within their communities.
- Working with public health facilities to promote and provide information/services on male services.
- Conducting community outreaches and providing integrated services
- Conducting mass media and flash mobs activities in target districts in collaboration with the District Health Offices.
Where are we operating
The 2019 Girls Festival
- RAHU (mobilisation and campaigning)
- RHU (services delivery and community entry)
- District Health Offices (Technical support, service delivery, community entry)
- CDFU (communications hotline)
- Media houses (message roll out)
- Obulamu (materials adaptation)