Job Title: Data Clerk
Duty Station: Moyo (1 position) & Adjumani (1 position)
Reporting to: Senior Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer
Position grading: This is an entry-level position
Supervisory Roles: The Data Clerk will have no supervisory responsibility.
The RAHU Data Clerk supports the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer, senior officer, and Manager in data collection, tabulation, and analysis to help ensure accountability and efficiency from the start to the end of assigned projects. The Data Clerk supports the Program Team, Field Teams, and Peer Educators to gather the M&E field and project data. He/she ensures to always maintains the quality and integrity of data.
The Data clerk builds on efforts to improve RAHU’s monitoring, evaluation, and feedback capacities and help the organization to become a more effective learning organization—one better able to assess the impact of its work, and continuously improve the quality of its products and services. The Data clerk possesses a training and capacity development mindset and can strengthen the program team, peer educators, and other selected stakeholders/ partners’ knowledge and practice as RAHU advances the process to understand and articulate the impact of its dynamic youth-centered interventions.
Summary of Key Result Areas and Responsibilities
a) Program/Project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (PMEAL) b) Data Management
c) Provision of Technical Support for Internal Capacity Building on PMEAL d) Project Management and Administrative
e) Human Resources Management within the MEL Department
Details of the Key Result Areas and Responsibilities
Program/Project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (PMEAL) ● Undertake effective activity-level monitoring, inspection, and evaluation procedures. ● Routinely participate in data collection of monthly Family Planning VHT data
Effective Data Management Support
● Collect and develop success stories to build a positive reputation for the organisation. ● Entering VHT Family Planning data tools into the provided data tools without any alterations to the tool.
● Track the complete and incomplete referrals per VHT monthly and correctly enter them in the spreadsheet/database.
● Identify and document data quality issues that come up during the exercise ● Ensure proper handling of the paper records.
● Scan individual VHT Family planning data following entry into the spreadsheet/database ● Support in the Filing of the data tools following successful scanning and store the files in the organisational archive.
● Ensure maximum confidentiality of the information in the data tools
● Support the MEL Team in conducting internal data quality assessments following the RAHU Data Quality Standards.
● Provide feedback for quality improvements in the tools for data collection.
● Support the recording, management and preservation of MEL data in a safe and accessible way.
Provision of Technical Support for Internal Capacity Building on PMEAL ● Participate in the identification of training needs of the MEL team and propose necessary staff training and development interventions.
● Support capacity building for RAHU field teams and partners on MEL.
● Support the field teams to understand and effectively use the M&E tools and support them in their use.
In addition to individual respective tasks, the MEL Officer will be expected: ● To adhere to RAHU values and to actively promote their application amongst colleagues. ● To undertake tasks in a creative, self-driven and innovative fashion.
● To identify and implement additional tasks/ideas of benefit to the organisation. ● To undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post and/or as may be assigned by the line manager / supervisor.
● Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
● Senior MEL Officer
● Line manager-MEL Officer
● RAHU project staff
● VHTs/Peer Educators
● Diploma or equivalent, preferable in: Statistics, Social Sciences, Population Studies, or Management is preferred.
● Bachelor’s degree is an added advantage
Job-Related Experience and Knowledge
● At least 2 years’ experience in data entry or other data management positions. ● Fluent in both spoken and written English.
● Fluency in local languages (Madi, Reli, Gimara, Alur, Aliba, Lugbara, Arabic, Kakwa, Kuku, Bari, Kiswhahi) is a significant advantage.
● Excellent written, verbal, analytical, and communication skills.
● Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research.
● Experience with databases and database management.
Skills and Attributes
● High level of ethical conduct
● High degree of integrity and honesty
● Organising skills
● Ability to work as a team, to take instructions and adhere to regulations and rules ● Excellent analytical skills
● Sharp time management skills, speed and accuracy
● Capacity to work under tight deadlines
● Willingness, ability and interest to learn and be challenged
● Willingness and interest to learn the RAHU Management Information System (MIS) ● Committed to the Vision of RAHU
● Ability to support the delivery of the Mission and Values of RAHU
To apply for this role, please send via email a 1-page cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for this role and a maximum of a 2-page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday, 27th January 2023
Note: The role is open to only alumni of the RAHU Peer educators Academy.