Gender’’ supported by Rutgers (Dutch ministry of foreign affairs) and SONKE gender Justice (South Africa)"/>
In partnership with CEHURD and FIDA we are implementing a 5 year project titled “Generation
Gender’’ supported by Rutgers (Dutch ministry of foreign affairs) and SONKE gender Justice (South Africa).
The five year program strives to create a gender-just and violence-free society with and for young people in their full diversity.
The Generation Gender partnership program aims to raise public support, advocate for improved policies and laws, and strengthen civil society focusing specifically on gender-based violence, and unequal division of care and women’s lack of access to civic space as a way to contribute to gender justice. The baseline study will target national level stake holders and seven districts including; Namutumba, Iganga, Kapchorwa, Kween, Bukwo, Amuru and Kitgum.
Objectives of the baseline study
The objective of the base line study is to;
– Establish knowledge gaps on gender based Violence among the target audiences.
– Establish baseline values for the project indicators.
– Validate the proposed theory of change and project design; establish capacity building needs for the target stakeholders.
Assignment Time frame
The assignment will require 60 working days and will commence in Mid-June and end in Mid-August 2021.
Desired Qualifications and skills:
• A master’s degree in Gender studies, Social sciences, Sociology, Development studies, or related field from a recognised university/ institution.
• Postgraduate Training in Project Planning and Management, Monitoring and Evaluation and any other related training will be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years’ experience in conducting project evaluations for reputable national and international organisations
• Experience of previous evaluations relating to gender based violence and projects targeting young people in their diversity will be an added advantage.
• Fluent in both oral and written English. Knowledge of languages in the target districts will be an added advantage.
Submission of proposals/applications
Your proposal should include the following; a brief technical proposal, financial proposal, Copies of the applicants / firms CV and profile of all persons that intend to undertake the assignment, and at least three references of previous similar work done clearly indicating telephone contacts and email addresses.
All applications should be submitted by 4th June 2021 at 5pm to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Generation Gender Uganda.