Are you good at Resource Mobilisation OR well versed with concepts on getting Grants and Fundraising?
Reach A Hand Uganda is looking for a self-driven, experienced, and exceptional Senior Officer Resource to join the A-team. Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should;
Submit a Current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 8th May 2022.
Title/ Position: Senior Officer, Resource Mobilisation.
The Senior Officer, Resource Mobilization is responsible for finding and completing applications for funding, including the applications to foundations, trusts, governments, individuals, private sector, media as well as pre-award planning, organization, and preparation, and the post-award administration of grants. They effectively communicate the organization’s strategies, cultivate and manage donor/partner relationships, and provide opportunities for cooperation, networking, and alliance-building.
The Senior Officer is also responsible for building good relationships with prospective donors, strategic partners, and allies across multiple sectors.
- Strategic Planning, Tracking, and Updating
- Strategic Partnerships, Collaborations and Networking
- Fundraising & Donor / Partner Relationship ManagementTeam Capacity Enhancement for Resource Mobilisation
- Institutional Reviews, Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Reporting
- Grants Management
Key Performance Indicators.
- Conduct research on fundraising opportunities, research potential sponsors / partners and be comfortable doing research on different sectors.
- Create and regularly update an idea bank with new plans and recommendations to expand RAHU’s mandate.
- Write funding proposals and sending these to potential sponsors.
- Develop and take leadership in fundraising events (e.g: such as creating marketing and promotional activities, organizing campaigns that will lead to donations and coming up with ingenious ways to raise awareness about RAHU and its handprint).
- Develop funder / partner databases and regularly update and maintaining records of sponsors.
- Scout out for funding calls for proposals and ensure RAHU taps into them.
- Lead management and staff team in the writing, submitting, and uploading funding proposals to potential donors.
- Undertake quarterly donor mapping processes and share written mapping reports with the
- Manager Resource Mobilisation and/or Senior Management
- Implement a variety of marketing strategies and promotional campaigns
- Organize and attend events and networking with relevant stakeholders
- Establish good relationships with staff, members of the public, and the media
Required skills and competency.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Should have sharp public speaking skills and be able to deliver presentations to a range of audiences
- Excellent leadership skills and networking abilities
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Risk analysis
- Team building skills
- Be well organized, proactive, and have the ability to inspire those around you
- Database management skills
- Should stay informed on marketing strategies
- Great interpersonal skills
- Determination, resilience and perseverance
- Integrity and honesty
- Being Adaptable
- Ability to tell compelling stories
- Ability to undertake in-depth research on donors / funders and to explore alternative avenues of funding beyond donor support
- Great team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to determine informational needs, to collect and analyse information, and to devise and develop statistical analyses and reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities , Business, Economics and/or other related discipline.
- A post graduate training in Project Planning and Management
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage
Job-Related Experience & Knowledge
- At least 3 years of experience in fundraising, health marketing or business development
- Sound knowledge of the NGO sector in Uganda and beyond.
- Experience managing a team and working under minimal supervision
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills
- Proven track record of generating donations and funds from a number of sources
- Experience with grant proposals and reports with a focus on young people’s projects/programs
- Knowledge of current developments/trends in the area of expertise
- Knowledge of community, national, regional, and international funding sources and mechanisms.